Tuesday, January 24, 2012

From the work bench




Spanish Hussars in the works

One of the great advantages of our hobby is that it offers continuous occupation. There is no point in a wargamers life when there isn't something that wants doing. The trick is of course, to make sure you have the right job for the moment. I had a long old day yesterday and needed to turn my hand with something relatively undemanding.

Sticking together three units of HAT Prussian hussars was just the ticket. These chaps are wearing mirlitons and while the horse furniture isn't an exact match for Spanish hussars, it's close enough. I'm not normally a fan of HATs mounted offerings, but because these chaps are slightly smaller than my usual Zvesda/Revell/Italeri cavalry - I think they will look the part.

They will form the nucleus of my Spanish light cavalry. Next step a coat of PVA and spray and off to Mark.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a mirliton in your silly hat collection? Or just in your HAT collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is a French Army kepi, the colour black and the grenade badge suggest the Gendarmerie. Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I don't have a mirliton.

    Which is not to say that something couldn't be tried...

    ReplyDelete