Wednesday, August 29, 2012

There is good news & bad news




 Once more I must submit to the tyranny of trousers

Gentlemen, there is good news and there is bad news. The bad news is, sadly that no more may I wander trouserless and free around my own home. Gone are the days of eating sandwiches for three meals a day and leaving clothes on the floor if you felt like it. The pleasent memory of returning home from work to watch "The Dambusters" and "Coriolanus" while painting a Dutch musketeer is in the past now. 

Roll up that dressing gown Kinch, it shall not be wanted these ten weeks. 



Huzzah!

On the other hand, there is very, very good news (which is not unrelated to the bad). Mrs Kinch is well, has stopped leaking CSF from her spine and is home again. We have so many pills scattered around the house that I fear the Drugs unit may come crashing through the door at any moment. It's great to have her back, domestic tyranny notwithstanding. 

Mrs Kinch also asked to thank you all for your very kind comments, prayers and best wishes. I forwarded them to her email while she was in hospital, so that she got a little crop of them every morning.

In other news, I finally managed to get threaded comments to work. Very happy with this, though it did require me to struggle like a monkey with blogger for twenty minutes. 



24 comments:

  1. Good news all round then - both about the return of Mrs K and your nether parts being covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that now your replies to your fervent readers (and sometimes commenters) will be in context.
    Also, it's nice that Mrs. Kinch is back home to put your back on your leash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some concessions to reason, sense and decorum have to be made.

      Delete
  3. Excellent news on both counts I'd say! Love the flying cat pic. Regards to Mrs Kinch.

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my cat or my picture I'm afraid Lee, I stole it off the internet. Our fellow does notgo in for such feats of athletics.

      Delete
  4. The current Mrs Steve the Wargamer is ambivalent to my unencumbered (summer only) lower parts - a jaunty swagger and a knowing wink will usually get you out of most issues, and may win the current Mrs Kinch over to your current state of attire??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      Mrs Kinch is made of sterner stuff - there will be pursed lips and murmuring about the thin end of wedges, standards slipping and so forth.

      Delete
  5. Conrad Kinch,

    Good news about Mrs K (and that you will be rejoining the properly dressed and trousered majority; where is your sense of decorum, laddie?).

    It will do you good to dress for dinner (and I mean black-tie and tails, and not just some clothes) and it will help raise Mrs K's spirits.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think I thought you were in my corner Bob...

      Delete
  6. Oh, good news, sir! A man without his wife, well, he's like a man without trousers. Wonderful photo of the feline too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, how ever did I survive?

      As I said, the photo is not mine, it has been doing the rounds for a while now. I shall see if I can track down a credit.

      Delete
  7. Good news about Mrs. kinch!
    As for the other thing, remember what the wee free men say, "They can tak' oour lives but they cannae tak' oour troousers!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Conrad -
    Great news! My very, very best to you and certainly to your wife. I wish her a speedy and continued recovery.
    Jerry Lannigan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry. She's awake and demanding tea. This is a very good sign.

      Delete
  9. Hi Mr Kinch,

    Excellent news re Mrs Kinch and I hope by that donning the aforementioned trousers you wil demonstrate to her your obvious sartorial elegance.

    Judging by the flying feline I would suggest that such a course of action would probably be a lot safer as well....;-)

    All the best (especially to Mrs K),

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I've passed everyone's good wishes on to Mrs Kinch, who is in bed with an Agatha Christie, a cup of coffee and a protective detail of cats.

      Delete
  10. Kay and I were very pleased to hear of Mrs. Kinch's good news. Also delighted to hear that you are returning to sartorial standards. I trust now that you are wearing trousers, shirt, jacket and tie to dinner as a gentleman should.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  11. Return of the Kinch. Good stuff. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Declan, I'm sorry Mrs Kinch's indisposition has but a crimp in our plans to run a games weekend. We'll get to it!

      Delete