Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spanish Grenadiers - New HAT material



#

These arrived today from those nice chaps at HAT miniatures. These are Spanish Grenadiers in 1/72 and very nice they are too. The sculpting is good, with all the figures being quite slim and anatomically correct. They fit well with their brothers in the line infantry and will consequently match Falcata figures rather well. 



Based on the look of them I reckon you'll get about six frames in a box, like the Austrian Landwehr.



I am very, very happy with the marching poses. They look sharp, I wouldn't mess with those moustaches. These are made in the same soft plastic that has made up most of HAT's output of late. It does take paint and glue well though. 


So there you have it, another box of figures to add to the pile. The HAT site has been fairly quiet recently, but E22 will be along shortly (it's being shipped from the factory at present) and the lineup for E23 has not been announced yet, so I hope the Dons will be making an appearance there.

2 comments:

  1. These guys look great. I have been substituting other HaT figures for my Peninsular Spanish troops. I will be sure to purchase a box. Thank you for posting!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're nice!

    I'm waiting on a sprue of these and the new Spanish light troops too.

    ReplyDelete