Tuesday, May 17, 2016

On my command, unleash hell!

Recent additions to the army of Tribune Davidius Gourmandinius Bibulous

Young Du Gourmand has been putting together some figures for Command & Colours Ancients.  I don't hold with that sort of nonsense really, but I got my paws on some Prince August moulds last year which included a fantasy catapult. 

Command & Colours Ancients does actually use some siege machines, so I cast up two for his Romans and gave them to him for Christmas.   The models themselves are scaled for old style 25mm figures and are therefore close enough to the 1/72 plastics he uses.  I had promised to paint them and only got around to finishing them relatively recently. The mould itself is decent and produces nice crisp castings, though the wheels are a little fiddly. 

Hopefully, we'll see them on a table before too long. 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful models! They remind me of a fantastic diorama that featured in the middle pages of a Time-Life book on Ancient Rome that my parents had many years ago. You can easily imagine how many hours I spent staring intently at those photographs.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sort of pictures did excite a peculiar fascination.

      Delete
  2. Those are a pair of nifty rock slingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very fine looking catapults Conrad.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a change from my usual 19th century stamping ground.

      Delete
  4. Fine work Mr Kinch! They've come up very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is seriously impressive, cast and painted by your good self - tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hipster figure painting - from casting pot to wargames table.

      Delete
  6. As every one else said, these are impressive. Pretty nice work, seriously :)

    ReplyDelete